Monday, February 13, 2012

Shout (Proverbs 1:20-33)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “shout.” One of my favorite books of the Bible to read his Proverbs. There is so much good stuff no matter where you look. When I was in high school, my mentor would tell me whenever I was in doubt of what to read, to just open up to any of the Proverbs and it would pretty much speak into my life. In fact, in the beginning of the book, the author sets up the rest of the entire book with a warning and encouragement of the information that was to follow.

“Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech…”
~Prov. 1:20-21


My question is: a matter how spiritual or unspiritual you think you are, what role does wisdom play in your life? Even if you totally didn't believe in God or had no idea there was a God, or whatever… anything you read in the book of Proverbs will cause you to try your best to live better than you already are. I guess I'm trying to say is that anyone, that means you and me, can and should really get something out of this book. My prayer is that you open it up and take a look at the potential that it has to speak into your life. That's why the very first chapter says that wisdom calls out… or another way to say it, shouts for you and I to listen. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment