Thursday, January 28, 2016

Insouciant (Matthew 6:25-34)

Insouciant (Matthew 6:25-34)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “insouciant.” out of all the stuff I needed to hear as a new Christian, this was probably at the top of the list. I remember the first time I heard it. It was a sermon given on a Tuesday night youth group meeting by Kevin Cobb. Although I probably did not have the most stressful life, to me it felt like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. And that is what mattered. Kevin reminded me  and the rest of the group that it did not matter how big or small our concerns might be, either in our own eyes or in the minds of others. What was important was that we needed to focus our energy on trusting in God.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matt. 6:31-34


My question is: what are the top couple of concerns in your life at this moment? I know that sometimes it seems as though we are so bogged down that there is little to no way out of the mud. Whatever the case may be, it is important that we remember to always do a bit more to shift our focus from worry, to one that is fixed on JC. He will get us through the tough times in life, even when we do not believe that there is a way out at times.  Take a moment today to lift up a prayer to God, asking him to re-focus your efforts and give you a more insouciant view in your daily activities.

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment