Friday, December 2, 2011

Rock (Matthew 7:24-27)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “rock.” Every time I hear this one I am proud to be a Christ-follower. It reminds me of the craziness that life brings and how I sometimes get weary in my faith. And that is why I love reading this passage, knowing that JC didn’t pull any punches when he was telling his peeps that they needed to get ready for whatever…

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
~Matt. 7:24


He pretty much just lays it out right here and lets those who are listening know that they need to listen to God’s word. My question is: what does it mean to you that you have a foundation is Christ? I mean, this is amazing in the sense that those who believe in God through the Son have a totally awesome deal. There are going to be times in your walk when the rain comes down and the elements test your faith. My prayer is that you weather the storm. It’s not always easy… but it is worth it. I can tell you that in all the stuff that I have gone through so far in my life, it’s much better to have a Savior on my side. So, when you feel like life is beating up on you, remember your foundation.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment