Friday, January 4, 2013

Couthie (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “couthie.” The situation in Corinth that Paul addresses in today’s passage is probably more popular in the Bible.  He talks here about what it means to be Christian and relating to others. I guess, if you think about it, this principle could really work across the board for life. Even though the Apostle Paul was not necessarily the most agreeable person all the time, he really worked at making sure that he helped people move towards the gospel.

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
~1 Cor 9:19


For a guy with Paul’s personality you have to understand that for him to make a statement like this was pretty crazy. My question is: are you the kind of person that others are drawn to because of the way that you act and live your life? When it is all said and done and we come to the end of this life, my prayer is that you do not have any regrets in the way that you dealt with the relationships that God has given you. Even when you do not understand somebody else's point of view, I hope that you can be couthie, or agreeable, so that maybe you can win them over in the name of Christ.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment