Monday, February 11, 2013

Kinchin (1 Corinthians 13:8-13)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “kinchin.” I was preaching yesterday and one of the verses that I used came from the passage for today's Scripture. I'm reminded often about the apostle Paul speaking to people in terms of spiritual maturity. Paul drove a pretty hard bargain, but he also knew the people had to develop in their relationship with God.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.
~1 Cor 13:11


My question is: where are you and your relationship with Christ? There is no real wrong place to be within this process, as long as you are in the process. Just as we are born and grow to be an adult, so does our faith mature. Remember back to some of the ways that you acted when you were a kid, not knowing how the world worked. As you learned more about life, you began to reason differently. Once you were a kinchin, or child, and now you are growing into the next stage of your life. God wants to see you mature daily. Take some time today and reflects on how God has matured you in the past year. What can you do to keep this process alive and thriving?

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment