Thursday, September 17, 2015

Too-too (Proverbs 3:11-12)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “too-too.”  It is amazing how many cool principles that we can learn from the book of Proverbs. When I was a new Christian I remember my group leader telling me that if I wanted to start getting better at my spiritual life, that going through a proverb a day would be a healthy recipe. He was correct. I still love reading the good stuff that I get from them each day.


My daughter, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the daughter he delights in.” ~Pr. 3:11-12

My question is: do you seek discipline from others to make you better? Sometimes we think that we have it all figured out.  We think that God’s discipline is too-too and annoying.  We let our pride get in the way of learning from others who are more experienced in life.  My prayer is that you find someone to share your thoughts with. Someone who is wise in the areas in which you would like to excel. You can be as good as you want, but it takes time to get there.  The process is always longer than we would like. But that is what makes success so sweet.

Praying for you,

MO 

No comments:

Post a Comment