Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Clishmaclaver (Proverbs 10.19)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “clishmaclaver.”  Growing up I was always one to speak way before I listened. Then I began hanging out with some people who made wiser decisions than me on a more consistent basis, as opposed to the way I was used to doing them on my own. At first, of course, I did not want to listen to anyone. I believed I knew enough on my own to get through life. But, of course I was wrong. It wasn't until I started listening to wise counsel that I began to make decisions differently.

“When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.” ~Pr. 10:19


My question is: who are the people in life that you give advice… and whose counsel do you listen to most? The mentors in my life have always listened to me and never sought to speak into my life more than they knew I was going to accept their words and counsel. I guess that's why I always went to those specific people. Most of the time they were reluctant to give me any words of advice, knowing that I was probably going to do things the way that I wanted to anyway. And that is why I always hung on every word that these people said. They were never about meaningless clishmaclaver. They always had my best interest in mind, and gave me exactly what I needed. Who are those kind of people in your life?

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment