Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fugacious (Psalm 144:4)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “fugacious.” I remember one of my mentors telling early on in my Christian journey that I needed to make sure to take every opportunity possible within my current time in life. He said that as I got older time would speed up. He used the analogy of how kids think that summer lasts forever… and then at some point in life, summer as well as the rest of life, speeds up. That is why there is an importance on using time wisely.

“They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow.” ~Ps 144:4


My question is: how are you spending the days of your life? I think it is important to know that we sometimes overestimate what we can do a year, and underestimate what we can do in five years. Sometimes when life is not going the way we would like it, we withdraw and cease trying. But if we just hold on and try to make every day count, we will find that in a matter of time God can change and shape us. Whether it is regarding your spiritual life, or just something that you know needs to get done, God can make our lives worthwhile. So, although our lives might be fugacious, we have the opportunity to live in eternity with the father following a life of productivity, hopefully for the Kingdom.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment