Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Protect (Amos 2:4-16)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “protect.” God decided to pass judgment to his peeps through the prophet Amos. Not the best job in the world to have, but Amos is the one who got the assignment.  Some may think that God is a pretty mean dude for all the judgment on the Israelites, but sometimes they needed a good whoopin’ to keep them in line.  I remember when I was growing up that my mom was never opposed to the “rod of correction.” Hey, what can I say, she was a southern girl who knew the power of a tree switch.  But I knew the she was always doing what was best for me; it was her job to protect me and help me grow into the man she intended.  God knew what he was doing…

“I brought you up out of Egypt, and I led you forty years in the desert to give you the land of the Amorites. I also raised up prophets from among your sons and Nazirites from among your young men. Is this not true, people of Israel?” declares the Lord.
~Amos 2;10-11



My question is: how has the Lord protected you over the years?  God has cool plans for you and sometimes I am sure you screw it up… just like me, like all of us do.  But God is not about judgment without reason.  My prayer is that God helps you identify the need for correction in your life.  He will protect you and and give what is needed to succeed in life.  Take heed to his decrees and live a life worthy of your calling.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment