Friday, September 26, 2014

Bibliophobe (2 Timothy 3:10-16)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “bibliophobe.”  I remember early on in my seminary degree program how much I disliked reading.  I'd pretty much gotten through college on the bare minimum… that was probably the dumbest thing ever.  But now that I was in a Masters program I was expected to read thousands of pages a week.  I sat down with God about three weeks into my first semester and prayed that he gave me a yearning to love books.  Otherwise, I was not going to make it.  That was the turning point in my scholastic career.  In today's passage, Paul gives young Timothy words to live by that will serve him far beyond the completion of their mentorship process…

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness…
~2 Tim 3:16


My question is: how much do you lean on the Scriptures for the everyday decisions in your life?  It's pretty tough to love to read in general, and anyone who chooses to be a bibliophobe, or one who does not like books, is setting themselves up for failure.  But learning to love The Good Book is essential.  One of my mentors told me that I would only excel to the point that I read books and associated with those who were better or farther along in life than me.  My prayer this morning is that you do the same… lean on good books and good people.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment