Thursday, September 25, 2014

Iwis (Matthew 5:17-20)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “iwis.”  When I first started reading the Bible, I was pretty confused about the Old Testament and the New Testament. What were the differences and similarities… and why did we need to even split it up in the first place.  I remember my mentor telling me that the OT was dudes like Noah and Moses, and they lived without Jesus Christ.  Then there was like a 400-year hiatus, where we did not hear God speak to his people. Then JC came on the seen in books like Matthew and Luke. What was JC here to do?

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
~Matt 5:17-18


My question is: what are a couple of thoughts that you have concerning Jesus, and what he came to do on earth? It is important to understand the old law and the new. This will help you to begin putting stuff together, knowing why God sent his Son to take care of some unfinished business.  My prayer is that you learn just a bit more each day, even if it is not a ton – God’s Word is never iwis, or obselete. The more we do to know and learn about both the OT and the NT the more we will open our hearts and minds for God to speak in our lives.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment