Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chthonian (2 Timothy 3:10-17)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “chthonian.”  I’ve studied Scripture for quite a few years.  I remember when I was brand-new in the faith.  Everything was so exciting.  I had questions about everything.  I remember talking to my mentor about every little detail in the Bible, and it was pretty awesome time.  Because I went to Christian school I was able to continue this fervor.  Then I went to seminary, also known as pastor school, which helped me to keep my interest in Scripture.  And, just when I thought I could not get more excited, I remember hearing the following verse at my pastoral ordination ceremony.

“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” ~2 Tim 3:16


This was a pretty big deal for me to hear.  I realized that the word of God was more than just chthonian, or some kind of mythology… it was the real and inspired word of God.  I was given the task as a pastor to faithfully teach and administer the stuff that I had been learning for so many years.  My question is: what kind of authority have you given God’s word in your life?  My prayer is that you seek a life of righteousness, always doing more than is required to love others and be an active participant in God’s incredible plan for your life.

Praying for you,

MO


No comments:

Post a Comment