Thursday, October 9, 2014

Frisson (John 8:48-58)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “frisson.”  The Bible offers characters with such an array of emotions that sometimes I feel overwhelmed reading about them.  But I guess the good thing is that I know whenever I need to read about someone who is going through the same stuff as me… I am sure to find that person somewhere in the Bible.  Among those emotions is that of excitement. I mean, how could you not get happy at least for a moment with the good news that we read in the Bible?

“Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
~Jn 8:56


My question is: what are the things in life that make you happy?  Each of us has experienced life in such a way that there have been moments of true joy and happiness, or frissons.  My prayer is that you remember back to those times and ask God to help you experience that feeling again.  Jesus knew that there were different feelings towards him coming to fulfill God's promises.

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment