Friday, October 17, 2014

Duple (Hebrews 4:1-12)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “duple.” I was a camp counselor for a number of years growing up in ministry. My favorite song is based on today’s verse.  I used to love singing more than the kids. When the dude up front started with a song that I like, which was all of them… me and all the kids in my cabin would go crazy.  It was a lot of fun.  And that was what I tried to teach the boys in my cabin.  They knew that learning about God and the Bible could be a lot of fun.  I was had fun.  And, God's word was always so powerful that we didn't really have to do much except for decide whether or not to follow.

“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” ~Heb 4:12


My question is: what are the things that pierce your heart?  I know that reading averse like the one above gives me hope that God will continue to decipher the things in my life that need to be changed or accepted.  My prayer is that each of you allows the word of God to penetrate your heart with its duple effect.  Allow God to make changes in your life today where needed.  He is always ready to move in your life.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment