Friday, November 7, 2014

Crapehanger (Ephesians 5:15-21)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “crapehanger.”  When I was growing up I was a huge fan of Whinnie the Pooh.  In fact, I have to say that I still am.  There was one character in that cartoon series that was always really funny to me.  His name was Eeyore.  It didn't matter what was happening, he always had something negative to say about the situation.  Well, imagine the kind of people that all of the prophets and apostles had to deal with in both the Old Testament and New Testament.  The apostle Paul always put his attention to the works of God.  In fact, in this important chapter to the church and ethicists he writes the following…

“…speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord…” ~Eph 5:19


My question is: what do people see when they interact with you?  My prayer is that you put on the things of God, and show others a reason why they should live a life of following Jesus.  Things are not always going to be the best… that would be kind of crazy.  But as Christians, we are called to be optimistic and turn our gaze towards Jesus, and not be crapehangers; nobody likes a Debbie Downer.  So, go out today and find something specific to do that will encourage others in God's love.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment