Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Emblem (Ephesians 5.1-22)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “emblem.”  You know, I really love sports.  I love rooting for my favorite teams, I love coaching, and I love influencing others.  For those of you who enjoy sports as well, isn’t there something about seeing somebody out on the street wearing the same logo of a team that you love to root for?  It’s almost like you have an instant camaraderie with them.  And, at the same time if you see someone wearing the logo from a rival team, it’s fun to heckle and badger those people… That is, of course of your team is winning at the time.  Well, I think that we need to approach our relationship to God in much the same way – not the heckling part… but the camaraderie stuff.

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” ~Eph 5:1-22


My question is: what is the emblem of faith that you wear?  When people see you do they associate you with following God?  I know that sometimes it’s tough to follow God’s decrees and remain in a position where you are imitating him.  But, that’s what’s so awesome about this relationship.  You have to work to become better in your life.  Only then can you be that fragrant offering and sacrifice Paul talks about in Ephesians.  Be bold today.  As Jesus gave himself up for you, give up a little bit more for him each day.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment