Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spondulicks (Matthew 27.1-5)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “spondulicks.”  One of the most famous people in the Bible is Judas Iscariot.  He sold Jesus to those who wanted him dead for a measly handful of money.  And now and again, when it gets close to Easter and I begin to read these last days of Jesus a bit more, I am reminded that I am not to much better than Judas much of the time.  I have fallen short and have sin in my life that should disqualify me from sitting with Jesus one day in Heaven.

“Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." ~Matt 27:3-4


My question is: what are the things in your life that you need to get rid of to follow Jesus with a whole heart?  The other day when it was Ash Wednesday I saw a bunch of peeps around town with ash on their foreheads.  It made me remember that I have stuff in my life that I put in front of my relationship with God, and that I need to make changes daily, in hopes that I will be a better witness for my Lord.  No spondulicks or any other mount of money is going to get in the way of my love for God. I pray that you leave behind all that hinders you from living completely for Jesus.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment