Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

Good morning ladies,

The word of day is “rest.” Awww, such an unfamiliar one for many of you already this year. With school and swim, jobs, family, friends and the like… well, when do you actually find time to yourself. Did you know that this is the only place in the whole New Testament that JC himself gives this specific invitation? Wow. Can you imagine being there to hear him say that… I’d be like, “Sign me up for some rest, yo!!!” Check it out:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~Matthew 11:28-30


I mean, if you want it – here it is. God wants you to draw near and rest in his loving arms. God knows when you need rest. And get this; he wants you to take advantage of it. My question is: What are you doing to rest, both from work and to understand God’s promises and love? This is going to be a long weekend. We are going to have fun, yes. However, my prayer for you today is that you take some time to yourself and rest in God’s love. Proud of all you ladies…

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment