Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shadow (Psalm 57:1-11)

Good morning Ladies,

The word of the day is “shadow.” Today it seems this word is associated with more negative stuff than positive. In the old days though it was something that comforted God’s peeps. The psalmist in this passage is reminded of God’s trustworthiness in this life…

“Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.”
Psalm 57:1


What a great reminder that God is always here for us. My question is: when is the last time you found real refuge in the Lord? Life can get pretty crazy and messed up at times. We deal with school, family, relationships, and a bunch of other stuff we do not always understand. My prayer for today is that when each of you ladies face these times you would rest in God until the calamities pass; sometimes that is easier said than done... but it is possible. The psalmist did… cry out for God and you will be answered.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment