Monday, September 10, 2012

Assurance (Isaiah 61:1)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “assurance.”  So, today is our first day back.  I hope that each of you is excited.  I was reading through the Old Testament and always love to hit on the Major Prophets.  There is so much richness that God has to offer if we just look at it.  In this passage, God has given the messianic promise that we will be able to reap so many years later.  God always had a way of working things to eventually bring his people into communion with him.

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives…”
~Is. 61:1


My question is: how do you respond to God's assurance in your life?  Even when God's people were being disobedient, the prophets have an assurance from God that he would always bring them back.  Get ready for the Lord’s goodness in your life.  I pray that you take this year with the assurance that God will lead you into paths that are pleasing to him.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment