Thursday, September 27, 2012

Veniel (Psalm 3:5)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “venial.” We have all heard this sometime or another, prolly in our understanding of the Catholic Church or in a Life and Teachings of Jesus class.  JC forgave in the New Testament because it was in his nature.  And everything that he did, he did through the Father.  Each of his actions related back to the old scriptures, which he new really well.  And, all the way back to those scriptures, even the Psalmist knew his need for forgiveness as well.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin. 

~Ps. 32:5


Wow! That is a pretty humble way to approach life.  This dude knew that he had a ton of stuff that was not acceptable in God’s site.  However, he also knew that he was venial, or capable of being forgiven.  My question is: do you feel as if God will forgive you?  I know it may seem like a weird or rhetorical question… but we must understand that God can and will forgive us before we can accept that forgiveness. My prayer this morning is that each of you seek the Lord earnestly, and let him cleanse you from within.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment