Monday, October 15, 2012

Aubade (Psalm 5:3)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “aubade.” People express their belief in our just God in many different ways. One of the common themes of the Bible is that people come to the Lord in the morning. There is just something about reaching out to God when life is quiet and the newness of the day is upon us.

“Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.”
~Ps. 5:3


My question is: when do you bring your requests to God? I am not necessarily saying that you have to do it in the morning, but it has always seemed to me that this was an opportune time to do so. God is always waiting for us to reach out to him. We know that Jesus spent a lot of time in prayer, and much of that prayer happened in the morning. My prayer is that each morning you meet God with an aubade, or a greeting at dawn. When we start the day right we give God the reins to our day.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment