Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sempiternal (1 John 5:13-16)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “sempiternal.” The good thing about being a Christian is we know that there is hope beyond this life. I was listening to one of my mentors on an audio recording earlier today and realized that life is pretty short. We spend time time doing things that are not very significant, when in reality we do not have much time to get the things done that would benefit the kingdom. So, it's kind of a bummer that we’re only here on earth for a little while. At the same time, it's really cool to know that life beyond this one is forever.

“I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
~1 Jn. 5:13-14


Here's my question: do you view your life in terms of eternity? What I mean is this… If you know that you are to live beyond this life in eternity with God, wouldn't you want to do everything that you could to make sure that your friends are there with you? I know it's kind of a rhetorical question, but it needs to be asked from time to time. One of my mentors always says, sometimes it is better to be reminded that it is to be instructed. My prayer for you today is that you realize that God is sempiternal, or forever. We have the invitation to live with him and that eternity. It's my hope that you take as many people with you beyond this life.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment