Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sapient (Proverbs 12:15)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “sapient.” I love reading the book of Proverbs because when I do not know exactly what to read I open it up and get good stuff, every time!  To think of the wisdom that King Solomon had is incredible.  I feel like those proverbs speak into my life and give me great insight.  One of my most favrit verses in that book is this one on advice and wisdom.

“The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.”
~Pr. 12:15


My question is: who is it that you have given the ability to speak into your life? One of my favorite parts of college was the ability to make choices that would eventually affect the rest of my life. One of the best things that I ever did in those years was to seek counsel from other men and women who were much older and wiser than me. I know that I would not be where I am today, nor be the person I am without the advice of many people who have walked the road before me.  I give a lot of weight to certain peeps in my life to help me make decisions and move in positive directions. I still seek out certain sapient mentors, who have great judgment, often when making decisions in my life. My prayer is that you find men and women that are seeking God daily, and give them permission to help you grow closer to God. 

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment