Monday, October 28, 2013

Apposite (1 Corinthians 11:1-2)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “apposite.”  The Apostle Paul was always looking for reasons to give others hope.  He knew that if he emulated Jesus, others would remember him for being a servant.  He did not do this for his glory, but for that of the Savior.  His main goal was to help others see the importance of living a Christian life.

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.
~1 Cor 11:1-2


My question is: for the people in your life that emulate Jesus?  My prayer is that others might be able to look at you and see the importance of living for God.  With a ton of stuff out there pulling at our time, we must remember that it is always a top priority to involve God in our daily lives.  It is up to us to keep the gospel a apposite, or appropriate and relevant, to both our lives and the lives of others.  Give somebody today a reason to imitate you, knowing that you imitate JC.

Praying for you,


mo

No comments:

Post a Comment