Friday, October 11, 2013

Blighter (1 Peter 5:8)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “blighter.” I remember when I first started coming to youth group. I was really afraid that everybody else was going to be really holy and I was not going to fit in at all. Well, I was mostly right (only cause it was me, tho). Buuuuut, the cool thing is no one really judged me. I mean, of course we were all high schoolers and we judged each other, but I guess no one really thought I was worse of a sinner than anybody else. In my first few months of spending time with the youth pastor, who eventually became my mentor for life, I remember we used to joke about the tough road ahead as a Christian. And, it always seemed to come back to this verse…

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
~1 Peter 5:8

                                          

Now, of course that's a pretty serious verse. The evil one is lurking and looking for each of us. He wants us to let down our guard so that he can devour us. We must resolve as Christians never to let down that guard and always remember that others are relying on us to pull through. The reason people end up becoming Christian is watching how others go through struggles that have Christ in their lives. How do I know this? Because I was the person who is looking towards others. My question is: are you a kind of person that others can look to for spiritual resolve? My prayer is that you remember someone in your life that needs the love of Jesus and subtly remind them that Jesus is watching out for them. We must always be ready to fight the evil one who is a blighter, or contemptible being. Stay strong, sisters.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment