Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Evanesce (1 John 2.16-17)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “evanesce.”  This season is pretty crazy.  There are some parts of it that I really enjoy, because it seems there is more time off to reflect.  At the same time, we are all trying to get stuff done like shopping and family time.  So, that makes it a little bit hectic.  But I think there’s a really cool biblical truth in all of this.  We spend a lot of time investing and stuff that is important in this world, but will soon not be a part of eternity.

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.”
~1 Jn. 2:16-17



My question is: what are your motivations in the stuff that you choose to do in life?  I know that choosing to follow Jesus is not always the easiest thing to do.  In fact, when I began to pursue life the way that God might want, it caused me to change my entire way of doing stuff.  My prayer is that you realize the importance of living and acting for God.  Take the last part of the season and really reevaluate the important stuff, and put it up against worldly things, which will eventually evanesce as we enter eternity.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment