Friday, December 12, 2014

Verbigeration (1 Timothy 1:1-7)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “verbigeration.”  During my initial years of the Christian life I was often drawn to this book in the Bible.  The reason is that my mentor, and the man who had eventually led me into a relationship with Jesus, told me that my life needed to be similar to the young man to whom Paul is talking.

“But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men and women, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.” ~1 Timothy 1:5-7


My question is: what are the things in life that you give most of your time?  The Apostle Paul understood the importance of keeping one's heart pure, and new that the words that came along with this task were pertinent.  As Christians, we do not have the luxury of engaging in verbigeration, but instead our words need to have complete and full meaning.  In your quest to become a better person, my prayer is that you choose your words carefully, and help others to feel encouraged.  One of the most significant ways Christians can keep themselves separate from the ways of this world is to speak truth, and love.

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment