Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Subfuscous (Psalm 113:1-9)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "subfuscous.”  I have been to more Christian camps then I know what to do with.  The funny part is, I didn't really start going until I was a senior in high school.  I actually remember what Kevin went through to make sure that I was able to fit camp in my schedule prior to that school year.  From then on, I was hooked.  I began to do more, serve more, and be at more camps each summer.  My favorite was always junior high camp.  Those kids are awesome!  They are all over the place, and their faith, as well as the rest of their emotions, they wear on their sleeves.  The following verse sticks out in my mind and reminds me of junior high camp every time I read it.

“Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, you his servants; praise the name of the Lord. Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.” ~Ps. 113:1-3


My question is: how do you praise God?  My favorite song to ever sing at camp was one that included these verses.  I can still remember like it was yesterday, as I sing them in my head.  That song and that verse made such an impact on my life that it will be etched in my memory forever.  From the early morning sunrise, to the waning subfuscous hours of the early evening… God will make his name known.  My prayer is that you have more encounters with God where he impresses upon your soul and writes on your heart his words.  The more you read and hear God's word, and the more you actively remember, the more affect it can have in your life.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment