Friday, September 30, 2011

Consistency (1 Corinthians 1:4)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “consistency.” As we continue to pick up the pace in our workouts and the intensity you must remain consistent in your work ethic and drive. This morning’s Fun Friday was great and each of you is starting to feel the burn… in a good way. I thought of this word in preparation of hearing Francis Chan in chapel today. This guy is consistent in his love for God and the Kingdom. I saw Francis for the first time some years ago when I was in high school – and he was the same guy back then as he is today. Amazing. The Apostle Paul was consistent in his ministry in many ways. One of those was the way he prayed. As he did in many of his letters, he wrote the following to the church in Corinth:

"I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus."
~1 Cor. 1:4


I love reading the beginnings of these letters more and more as the years pass. Paul loved his peeps so much and longed to see them. He prayed for them and was consistent in his thoughts and devotion. My question for you today is: Are you consistent in your prayers for others? Francis challenged us to be bold in our prayer lives. My prayer for you today is that God would make your prayer life radical, courageous, and consistent. Have a blessed day.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment