Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wisdom

Hey ladies,

After hearing President Jonny Wallace speak yesterday at our first chapel, I thought “wisdom” would be an appropriate word of the day. He touched on the importance of applying the knowledge we gain through life. For each of you ladies, college is a great place to learn and grow. But as student-athletes, you also have a ton of responsibilities and crazy schedules. It is a privilege to represent your school through sports, and I am so excited for what God has in store for you. This year is going to fly and it is pertinent that you keep God’s vision in front of you.


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
~Proverbs 3-5-6

When I was a senior in high school, my youth pastor’s wife gave me a bit of advice that I still apply today. She told me that each day when I wake up I should pray for two things: 1) Wisdom, and 2) Discernment. Wow! I am telling you… that changed my life. She explained that if I prayed for those qualities, God would give them to me. From that day to this, I still pray for both each morning. Here’s the crazy part though… it was, and is, up to me to use both when God gives them to me. Do you pray for these qualities? I pray that God gives you both and each of you use your influence to be an example to others. Have a blessed day, yo!!!

Coach mo

No comments:

Post a Comment