Monday, September 12, 2011

Pause (Psalm 46)

Hey ladies,

Great workout this morning. The word of the day is inspired by the memorial events of this past weekend. Ten years ago the World Trade Center was hit by a terrorist attack. That event shook the confidence and security of this great country, if only for a moment. In his speech yesterday, the President used this very Psalm to remind the nation that God is not silent during the tragic events that we face in our lives. It is our honor to pause and remember those who lost their lives on that day, September 11, 2001. We also pause to remember the heroes who have given their lives since that day until this in the line of duty, as well as those who continue to protect us, both in our country and around the world.


My question today is: when and where has God been help to you during the hard times in your life? Is there a time in when you needed help, and God was there (v.1)? We focus today on the understanding that God chooses to be here for us… always. Sometimes I feel as if life gets tough and that I am alone in my struggles. However, because of the men and women that surround me, in Christ’s love, with their counsel and wisdom I am able to make it through. It is not always pretty, but I seem to make it. My encouragement today is to allow God to be your fortress (v.7) in both the good times and bad. As we all did yesterday, take a moment, and pause to remember those who have inspired you. Pause to remember that the God of Jacob is our fortress (v.11).

Praying for you today,

coach mo

No comments:

Post a Comment