Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Specific (1 Samuel 15:1-26)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day “specific.” I would have to say that this could be one of the more important words in the OT. God knew what he wanted, and spoke through prophets to relay those messages. We would all for God to speak to us directly or through some means that is specific. The bummer part about when that happened was that God’s peeps did not do what they were commanded to do anyway! Whaaaat??? Pretty frustrating for the big guy upstairs, I am sure. Saul made some major mistakes in his run as king… this one was the icing on the cake though…

“Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel: ‘I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.’ Samuel was troubled, and he cried out to the LORD all that night.”
~1 Sam. 15:10-11


My question is: Have you committed to obey God’s commands, and live a life of specificity concerning your relationship with him? The way we understand these things that God wants from us is to ask others who are wiser, reading, and meditating on the word. My prayer is that you use these next couple of days to recap this year and see what can be done to be even more specific with the year upcoming. God has cool stuff in store for each of you, just wait… but wait with specificity and yearning.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment