Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Unlikely (Judges 7:16-25)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is unlikely. Gideon was chosen by God because the man was an not necessarily the perfect leader. He would catch the attention of those around him by his actions in battle and bring glory and honor to his creator. He kept the message simple and relied on God, not wavering from his trust. This was not always easy, but he hung in there and made the history books.

“Watch me,” he told them. “Follow my lead. When I get to the edge of the camp, do exactly as I do. When I and all who are with me blow our trumpets, then from all around the camp blow yours and shout, ‘For the LORD and for Gideon.’ ”
~Judg. 7:16


My question is: do you trust God with the stuff that you pursue? You may not have to lead others into a life-or-death kind of situation, but you do face daily stuff that causes you to follow the Lord. My prayer is that you persevere through this week of finals and remember that God wants you to win. Don’t forget that even though you are busy and need to get stuff done you should slow down to remember God and his favor on your life. This week is crazy, I know… Do something unlikely for God; open yourself to be used for purpose.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment