Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “sufficient.” Paul struggled a ton with the understanding that ministry was a difficult calling, yet he never gave up. He knew that the grace that came from the Father through JC was exactly what he needed. This did not change the fact that he was continually frustrated with the stuff that hindered his ministry…

“Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
~2 Cor. 12:8-9


My question is: what in your life is frustrating to the point that it hinders the person you are? God’s power is best displayed against the backdrop of our human weakness. My prayer is that you look at the frustrating stuff in life and realize that the more helpless you feel, the more room God has to do a great work in your life. Give JC a chance today to show you grace through the tough situations and feelings that you hold.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment