Monday, December 9, 2013

Hardihood [Joshua 1:9]

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "hardihood.”  I really like to read the stories in the Old Testament.  It seems that God always has a really cool story and saves his people right before they are going to be beaten.  I've always liked an underdog.  One of my favorite movies is Miracle, the one about the 1980 Olympic hockey team that went against all odds in quest to beat one of the best teams of all time.  Several times I am sure these young men on the USA Olympic team wanted to give up.  But, just as they had to face their fears, so do we as God's people need to do the same.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
~Josh 1:9


My question is: when is the last time that you felt down and out?  You know what I'm talking about, those times where you don't think that you can go against the odds anymore.  You've already given all that is possible, and still there seems to be no victory in sight.  My prayer for you this morning is that God gives you the encouragement to be strong, and to have courage… or hardihood, just as young Joshua needed.  As you look towards this week and the obstacles in front of you, always remember that God is on your side and with you wherever you go.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment