Thursday, December 26, 2013

Juju (Colossians 2:8-15)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “juju.”  When the church was very young the teachers of Christianity needed to make sure that they did everything in their power to help people to understand what it meant to follow Christ while at the same time shrugging off that which was not good teaching.  You can imagine how stressed out these teachers might have been, because all they had was the old scriptures to help them out.  The idea of Jesus and his Messiahship was relatively new and in many churches unstable.

“See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ.”
~Col 2:8 


My question is: what are the steps that you are currently taking to understand a philosophy and theology that is consistent with what God will call you to live?  My mentor used to tell me that it was not enough just for me to read my Bible, but to question and challenge the ideas that I read.  I guess that is what made me decide to go into the ministry.  I pray that each of you solidifies your thinking concerning your beliefs in Christ.  This is not something to take lightly, as it is the foundation of our being no matter what our vocation or direction in life.  There is no juju in the Christian faith, only a real belief and understanding that Jesus is exactly who he was said to be.  Take hold of a relationship with him today, and see the change in your life.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment