Monday, December 16, 2013

Klaxon (Joshua 6:4)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “klaxon.”  One of my favorite stories in the Bible is in the book of Joshua.  I love how God's people were pretty much outnumbered and terrified.  They never knew exactly what to do.  It seems like they were the underdog team that you always thought was going to get their rear ends kicked, and then all of the sudden God the hero shows up and allows them to win.

"Also seven priests shall carry seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark; then on the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.
~Josh 6:4


My question is: are you ready to do God's work?  I think for most of us, we would like to do things for the kingdom but just do not know exactly how to put it into action.  My prayer is that you are always ready to witness to others, both in action and in love.  Just as the priests I'm sure were a little bit miffed at what God was about to do, they still followed him and did what he told them to do – and made those klaxons sound off loud!  I know that God will call each of us to serve him in some capacity in life; it's up to us to be ready.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment