Friday, December 27, 2013

Métier (Galatians 6:1-10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “métier.”  I often think about the work that I have done about this time of year.  It's amazing to look back and realize that 12 months of an entire year are pretty much done.  For students, it's somewhat in the middle, whereas for other people on the workforce it may be the beginning or end of a fiscal year.  What we must never forget is that the work we do is important to God.  This church in Galatia was dealing with the struggles that we still face today.  Instead of working together, they were too worried about what other people were doing and criticizing them.  Paul had to correct this real fast.

But let each one test their own work, and then their reason to boast will be in themselves alone and not in their neighbor. For each will have to bear their own load.
~Gal 6:4-5


My question is: what is the work that is set before you?  I know that each of us has gifts and talents, and goals and ambitions.  When we look at others and the stuff that they are doing in their lives, we should not look at their work for the sake of comparison, but instead for that of compassion.  One of my mentors always told me that I needed to give appreciation to others, and save any criticism that I might have for myself.  My prayer is that each of you looks back at this year and the work you have done.  When you do so, always member that your métier, or main occupation, is doing the Lords work whatever that may be.  What will the next year brings for you?

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment