Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blatherskite (Psalm 19:14)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “blatherskite.” Have you ever been in a conversation with someone who just likes to talk?  If the answer that question is negative, then maybe you are the person in that conversation.  My mentor, Kevin, is a man of few words.  He always has been and still is to this day.  I remember having countless conversations with him when he didn't say more than three words.  And, even if he would have wanted to, I did not ever let him get a word in edge wise.  Now that I look back on those times with him, I realize that I was probably missing out on a ton of wisdom that I could have learned had I been not so worried about talking all of the nonsense that I did.

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
~Ps 19:14


My question is: what are the words that come out of your mouth?  The stuff that you say is usually a direct representation of what's going on inside of you.  Sooner or later, even if you try to fool people, your true self will come out through your words.  What I realized is that for so much of my life I was a blatherskite, or someone that just spoke nonsense.  It wasn't until Kevin taught me to think before I would speak did I begin to mature.  That was some years ago, and I still feel like I am worlds away from where I would like to be.  My prayer is that you carefully consider the meditations of your heart and give God an opening into your thoughts and actions.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment