Friday, February 7, 2014

Schuss (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “schuss.”  As you all know, we are coming to the end of a very long season.  As we move into this final week, it is important for you to remember that you must not relent on the training you have dedicated yourself to for such a long period.  In fact, the Bible talks about making sure that you finish what you started.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
~1 Cor 9:24-27


My question is: what are the things in life that you run after with the most fervor?  My prayer is that each of you makes God a priority as you move through this year.  I'm not saying that you have to be all crazy about your relationship with God necessarily, but I think that adding the Jesus perspective in everything that you do might give you a better list of options when dealing with life.  We are excited to see you compete next week.  Don't forget to run the race, and everything that you do.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment