Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Farceur (Proverbs 1:1-5)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “farceur.”  All of us have our weaknesses and insecurities.  I learned that one of mine is the nervous laugh.  When I was in the Masters program for my Christian studies, we had to all be evaluated by other counselors, pretty much just to show how screwed up we all were.  Our professors told us that until we understood our own strengths, weaknesses, and insecurities we would not be able to help anyone in any kind of substantial way.  I learned a lot about myself during that time.  The Bible talks about the importance of learning, especially about oneself.

“Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance…”
~Pr. 1:5


My question is: what are your strengths, weaknesses, and insecurities?  I know, kind of loaded for this early in the morning.  But, until you know yourself and decide to take the path of learning, your effectiveness for Jesus will be limited.  My prayer is that each of you chooses a life of learning.  Up until that point in my life in my Masters program, everybody just thought I was a farceur, and incessant joker that did not take anything serious.  When in fact, I learned that I just needed to begin moving through my own weaknesses and insecurities so that I might be effective in my ministry to others.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment