Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Inglenook (Mark 4:33–34)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “inglenook.”  I remember when I was a young Christian I would do my best to spend as much time with my youth pastor as possible.  He was a pretty knowledgeable guy, hence the reason he was the youth pastor of our ministry.  He always had something to say.  Whenever I was in a bind, I went to him and asked for advice because I knew that he would have a good story for me.  I didn't realize though, that he never gave me the answers.  He only gave me suggestions of what I needed to do.

“With many such parables he spoke the word to them, as they were able to hear it; substantive.  He felt better.  Someone finally he and his own game.  he did not speak to them except in parables, but he explained everything in private to his disciples.
~ Mk 4:33–34


My question is: who are the people in your life that give you counsel?  I know that if I can get time with my mentor, I will take everything out of my schedule to make sure that I give him the opportunity to speak into my life.  Even today, he has stores for me that apply to my life.  My prayer is that you heed the advice of others whom you respect.  Whenever you get the chance, settle down in an inglenook, and glean as much wisdom from as you can.

Praying for you,


mo

No comments:

Post a Comment