Monday, December 3, 2012

Effervescent (Philippians 1:18)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "effervescent." One of the themes throughout the apostle Paul's life is that of joy. It really did not matter what his circumstances were, he was always ready to give God praise. I think that Christians can learn a thing or two from Paul and the way that he met his dissenters and also the evil forces that tried to stop him over and over. We see here in the opening statements of his letter to the church in Philippi that he is exceedingly joyful and happy for what God has done and what God continues to do.

“What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.”
~Phil. 1:18


My question is: do you share this same feeling with Paul, that the main piece of your life is that Christ is proclaimed? I know it may seem like a silly question, but based on the way many of us live from time to time I would say that it is a valid question. I find myself becoming more like Christ when I am focused on him, and this is when life is good. And, I don't mean good in the sense that everything is peachy keen, but that I have an effervescent joy in my heart. I pray this morning that this joy is part of your life. Focus your efforts on following Christ. When we are less selfish and choose to focus on God's truth, I can assure you we can never go wrong.

Praying for you,

mo


No comments:

Post a Comment