Thursday, December 13, 2012

Paladin (John 18:28-40)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “paladin.” Because of the way that the Old Testament talks about the Messiah to come, people were expecting something very different than Jesus. Some had claimed to be the Messiah both before and after Jesus came to this earth. However, Jesus totally threw everybody for a loop when he came preaching the stuff that he did. Although most people were looking for a great military leader to deliver them from the oppression of the government, Jesus came with a different tactic and mission in mind.

“You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
~Jn. 18:37


My question is: are you on the side of truth? I think that's a pretty deep question and, like all of the questions that Jesus asked, is one that must be pondered. One of the cool things that I love about Jesus is that he never ceases to amaze in keeping us on our toes. It doesn't matter how many times you read the Scriptures, there is always something new and a point that is to be made in our lives. It's like when you read the Bible and close it and think to yourself, wow that is exactly what I needed to hear. My prayer for you this morning is that you are on the side of truth and ready to make a difference for the Messiah. People were expecting a paladin, or the champion of a cause, but what they got was much, much, more.

Praying for you,

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment