Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Whinge (Philippians 2:14-18)


Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is whinge.” One of my favorite attributes of the apostle Paul is the way that he was able to help people understand the way they should be acting. There was a ton of people complaining in the church for various reasons. I'm not saying they didn't have a reason to do so, but the fact is that they were complaining, and he felt that this needed to stop.

Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain. But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all. You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me.
~Phil 2:14-18


Paul was all about running for that final destination of heaven. The day he was with Christ would be the ultimate goal and destination of his life. But even further than that he wanted to urge others to make sure they were ready to face Jesus on judgment day. Paul expected people to rejoice rather than whinge, or complain, no matter what the circumstances. My question for you is: what are some of the circumstances that you find yourself leaning towards beginning to complain? I know that I have my quirks and stuff that bothers me, and I'm sure you do as well. My prayer is that you remember to always look toward Christ in every situation and think to yourself whether or not your attitude reflects that of Christ. I think that as we continue to move through struggles and do not complain, God will be faithful and spreading his word through our words and actions.

Praying for you,

mo

No comments:

Post a Comment