Monday, December 17, 2012

Nugatory (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)


Good morning ladies,

 The word of the day is “nugatory.” God's word talks much about the importance of love. Those who care about others put themselves in a position to gain everything in the name of Christ. The church in Corinth needed to hear this message. It was important for them to understand what it meant to serve others and do it with the correct attitude.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
~1 Cor 13:1-3


My question is: do you have the love of Christ in your heart? We are in situations daily that give us an opportunity to show others the love that God extends to each person. The tragedy is that sometimes we get so busy with our own lives that we forget that God's plan is much bigger than just the stuff that we're going through. Wherever you are and whatever you do, I pray that others look at you as a representation of God's love. I know that it is not easy, but it is pertinent that your life is used for the purpose that the father intended. Do not live a nugatory, or insignificant, life.  Make a difference today for someone else.

Praying for you,

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment