Saturday, February 21, 2015

Augur (Matthew 24:30-37)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “augur.”  I remember the first time reading today's passage.  I was pretty young, and new in the faith.  I wanted to know as much as possible.  But, I realized that it was not for me to know when Jesus was coming back.  That bummed me out a little bit, but realized that it was probably best that I don't know.  That means that I always have to be ready, and gives me a kind of urgency to help others know Jesus on a more personal level.

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.” ~Matt 24:36


My question is: what are you doing with each day that God is giving you?  There is no guarantee that tomorrow will be here.  Whether he takes you from this earth, and it does, or sends Jesus back to get you, the reality is sobering and exciting all at the same time.  We do know that this crazy world augurs the return of our Savior.  My prayer is that you take each moment and make it special.  Make it your masterpiece and use today to further the kingdom of God.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment