Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ballast (James 1:1-12)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “ballast.”  What are the things in your life that keep you stable?  Or, I guess another way to put it is to ask what things in your life keep you from going insane?  I know that I have to look to my friends and mentors to remind me of my need for perseverance within my many responsibilities.  I need others to walk alongside me and help me to get through the tough times.

“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” ~Jam 1:12


My question is: how are you when it comes to perseverance in life?  We see that God’s call to us is that when we face things in life that want to bring us down, it’s important to keep our eyes focused in the right direction.  My prayer is that you look to God, and remember that he is always the one who is on your side.  He keeps us steady, as the ballast of our lives.  Go forth in your endeavors today knowing that God has given you that stability, an unwavering friend in him.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment