Friday, February 27, 2015

Ad Hockery (Psalm 119:1-10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “ad hockery.”  It always seems to me that everybody else knows the way that I should proceed with my life matter what I do; everybody always has their opinion and thinks that they know what is best for me.  At first, I used to take the advice of pretty much anybody who had something to say.  The reason for this was that I figured that they had my best interests in mind.  And, for the most part, people usually did and still do.  But I realized very quickly that not very many people actually me on a level where they could speak truth into my life that would actually help me.

“Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!” ~Ps. 119:1


These are the kind of people from whom I seek my advice.  And, as you can imagine, there are very few people that fit this criteria.  I keep a high standard in my life for the people that want to help me grow to be a better person.  And that is why I put my trust and faith only in a select few.  My question is: who are the people that speak into your life?  My prayer is that you raise your standards for the criteria concerning the people that speak into your life. Put less time into ad hockery and fleeting plans, and fix your attention on the steadfast love and decrees that are from God.  Don’t take advice from just anybody.  They should be God-fearing people who strive with all their hearts to walk in the ways of Jesus.  Never waver.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment